With version 6 of the SLR Lightroom Preset System about to be released, I thought it time to write a quick review of the SLR Lightroom Preset System 5.1.
I have been using the SLR Lightroom Preset System for six months and I have found it to be very unique as it is a system for creating your very own presets. The system comes with tutorials that are delivered by SLR Lounge’s Pye Jirsa that not only details the creative side of the preset system but also provides a quick and easy workflow from the camera to the processed image.
The creative process to develop your own preset is as followed:
- Base Adjustment with one click from many options from portrait, vivids, HDR’s, filmic;
- Create Curves with one click from bright, neutral, punchy, dark and vintage washes;
- Adjustments that would include saturation, contrast, vignette etc. as many clicks as you desire;
- SFX (Special Effects) that includes colour toning in one simple click. The colour varieties include complementary, analogue and tone on tone options; and finally
- Add brushes and filters as desired with the system also including these presets.
Favourite recipes of the above get saved as a mixology that then creates a one click preset of your own.
What I love about the tutorials is that Pye Jirsa not only takes you through all the steps to create your own presets but also explains how each adjustment is made in the develop module so that you have an understanding of how the preset is actually achieved.
Another way to say this is that the SLR Lightroom Preset System gives the answer but Pye explains the equation.
Do I recommend SLR Lightroom Preset System?
For anyone starting up with lgihtroom you will not go wrong and you will learn the program whilst having a sound workflow that will save you so much time. I have found it to be so much more valuable than a single preset. It is a system that will create your vision for each image.
Want more information?
You will not be disappointed. http://www.slrlounge.com/lightroom-presets